“Nothing is denied to well-directed labor; nothing is ever to be attained without it.”
— Joshua Reynolds
Any management team should be selected such that talents are complimentary and not overlapping. All key areas necessary to accomplish our goals and objectives are within the strengths and talents of our team and as above, nothing is achieved without blood, sweat and tears. Nothing worth achieving comes easy and a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.
- Has bled Salvi blue since: Birth, but officially 1975.
- In one sentence… solution driven, always looking for a better way.
- Bruno started Salvi Homes in 1975 after graduating with a bachelor of science in management degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. 39 years with an established legacy, Salvi was built from the ground up starting with Bruno’s mother’s house. Concrete work, framing, drywall, painting, cabinet making… that’s how Bruno started. Salvi Homes builds homes and communities for families. Come see the passion built into a Salvi product.
- When not bleeding Salvi Blue; Bruno… Loves playing golf and spending time with his family.
- Has bled Salvi blue since: Birth, but officially 1998.
- In one sentence… determined with a pinch of resolve.
- Rob truly learned the business from the ground up starting work as a site labourer in 1993, becoming a cabinet maker in 1998 and eventually earning the title of estimator before becoming Vice President and then President. This helped him not only to visualize construction from the ground up, but also taught him the value of a hard day’s work, a value passed from prior generations and one that continues to this day. Rob graduated from NAIT with a marketing diploma and has since garnered many accreditation’s, ranging from home building on Alberta soils all the way to advanced lacquer training. This construction familiarity is rounded out on the business front with experience in VBA programming, a keen eye towards production oriented systems and over a decades practice with costing and construction management.
- When not bleeding Salvi Blue; Rob… Enjoys an active lifestyle with his family, training in multiple martial arts, crafting custom furniture, playing hockey, golf, camping and other outdoor activities and oh yes resting due to exhaustion from the aforementioned.
Vice President, Operations, B.Sc (Civil), P.Eng.
- Has bled Salvi blue since: 2019.
- In one sentence…Integrity and reliable with a sense of humour.
- Prior to joining our team Dave worked over 16 years with major builder/developers and over that time has developed over 2000 residential units around the Edmonton region. Prior to that, Dave worked over 10 years as a municipal engineer on various subdivisions and municipalities before finding his passion in developing communities and projects while collaborating with various disciplines. Dave graduated from the Civil Engineering Technology program with honours at N.A.I.T. and gained experience in geotechnical testing and surveying prior to obtaining his Civil Engineering degree from the University of Alberta in 1993, then his P.Eng. designation in 1995 and is registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta.
- When not bleeding Salvi Blue; Dave… Enjoys going on vacations and bike rides with his wife and kids and walking their Havanese.
Controller , B.Mgt, CPA, CMA
- Has bled Salvi Blue Since: 2021
- In one sentence: Accounting, integrity and personality; while providing operational support.
- Prior to his Salvi career, Garnet worked for almost 30 years with accounting and IT responsibilities, primarily within residential, commercial and industrial construction organizations. These roles were for varying sizes of firms, and roles were a mix of corporate and operations focus. He “swung hammer” framing homes while attending post secondary, plus has been on condominium boards for 17 years prior to joining Salvi Homes; all providing an excellent background understanding of the homebuilding industry. A strong desire to be a solid business partner drives Garnet to make a business stronger. Garnet graduated from NAIT in Accounting, plus received his Bachelor of Management from the University of Lethbridge. He obtained his CPA, CMA designation in 2012, and is a member in good standing with CPA Alberta.
- When not bleeding Salvi Blue: Garnet…enjoys spending time with his family, hockey, woodworking, and BBQing.
Technical Draftsman and Design Consultant
- Has bled Salvi blue since: 1979 originally and then 1986
- In one sentence… Never satisfied, there’s always a better way.
- Peter was trained at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology as an architectural technologist. He has worked as a construction labourer, both indoors and outdoors and as such has an understanding of buildings and how they work. Peter’s work experience has always been in construction ranging from labourer to assembly line robot to basement cribber. He has been with Salvi as their chief draftsman and designer for about 28 years. His duties over that span of years have been draftsman, shop “carpenter” and salesman. After graduating from NAIT his focus was architectural technical drawing and after working with several architectural firms Peter joined his brothers at Salvi Homes as their draftsman. Peter brings several skills to Salvi Homes:
- One, he is a skilled draftsman proficient in residential building production drawings. Although beginning with a pencil he guided the company through the CAD revolution that took hold of the entire industry.
- Two, he is an experienced home designer that has worked with all kinds of projects and clients. Peter has designed and developed Salvi’s production model homes. He has also worked with many clients to help them design their custom home or to simply tweak a plan make it work for them.
- When not bleeding Salvi Blue; Peter… Enjoys his wife, children and grandchildren. He loves to draw and paint, play drums and play golf. He and Tammy occasionally escape to their vacation home in Palm Springs, California.
Savona Sales Consultant
- Has bled Salvi blue since: 2021.
- In one sentence… If it’s to be, it’s up to me.
- Khalid’s experience in real estate goes back to his days as a realtor in the ’90s. He has specialized in new home sales for the past 20 years. He’s passionate about connecting people with their new home, delivering that milestone of an exciting new chapter in life. He extends a personal invitation to all to visit the Savona Sales Centre to experience first-hand the signature Salvi quality and luxury that come built into every Savona suite. While you’re there, he hopes you’ll take the time for a stroll along Prairie Walk and get a feel for the sense of connection and community that fills the neighbourhood.
- When not bleeding Salvi Blue, Khalid’s four kids keep him plenty busy, and he enjoys cooking and team sports.